[Student-projects] SoC'16: Interested in libindic Project based ideas

Hrishi hrishi.kb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 06:59:25 PST 2016

Hello Jerin,

On 2 March 2016 at 06:28, Jerin Philip <monu1618 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm Jerin Philip, sophomore at IIIT-Hyderabad. I'm reasonably proficient
> in C, C++, Python and JS.
>
> I was having a look at SMC's Soc'16 ideas page, and I'm interested in
> those listed under libindic project. Especially
>
> 1. Porting existing libindic modules written in python to node ecosystem.
> 2. Porting varnam into python and integrating into libindic.
> 3. The REST API for libindic.
> 4. Tidying the webfonts extension.
>
> I was directed here  from the IRC after querying details of the REST API,
> after some messages indicated that this already exists.
>
> Can someone confirm the status of the REST API project?

There is a JSON-RPC API for libindic but we don't have a  REST API Yet.
So yes - we have to develop the REST API.

> Also, considering the complexity of some being listed as medium, should I
> consider taking up more than one ideas and creating a proposal?

Your proposal is your proposal :) You can propose anything (But be
realist).  You can even propose ideas that are not listed in the ideas
page,  If those ideas fall into our domain of expertise we will definitely
consider those too.

--
---
Regards,