[Student-projects] Queries regarding libindic project

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 21:21:06 PST 2016

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Jerin Philip <monu1618 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following questions primarily
> related to repository branches
> , and setting up the server:
>
> The development branch is 89
> +
> commits ahead of the main branch. When asked on the IRC people are
> redirected to work and get familiar with the main branch as of now. Given
> there are differences in structure and implementation of the two branches,
> shouldn't work be done on the devel branch?

I think I've been clarifying multiple time on IRC that we should work
on development branch. Master is left for production use only.

> I tried to setup the development branch, got the server running. I'm getting
> internal server error at '/'
> navigating from browser
> and {"error": "not found"} at /api using JSON post requests.
> Both are working with the main branch code.
> I generated the docs as html from the docs folder, and followed the
> installation instructions.
> Is this happening just at my end? If so, is this common, can someone suggest
> where I could possibly have gone wrong?

If you are getting internal server errors there are logs present with
stack trace. Try reading the logs and find out what is going wrong.
Same with API error. Sadly I've not worked on development branch for 2
years and I do not know the current state. But there is nothing
impossible there. We expect you to understand the errors and fix it
yourself. If you can do that then we consider you as possible
candidate.

> I'd be grateful if someone clarifies the above, I've tried asking in irc
> with no response so far.

All of us work full time in some company and we do not have a lot of
free time to hangout on IRC. What you see on IRC is mostly bouncers I
think Jishnu had clarified this on IRC. If you have doubts shoot mail.
And please try to figure out and fix the errors yourself and if needed
raise PR.

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info