[Student-projects] Queries regarding libindic project

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 00:59:45 PST 2016

[Just for the record please do not top post to mailing lists]

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Jerin Philip <monu1618 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I figured problem is actually with git
> submodule and the pbr packaging system[1]. After passing through
> werkezaug, the flask app crashes with a 500 error since its unable to
> find the required jquery.ime module.

OK.

> I'm posting temporary fix to this thread, so others don't have to
> waste their time on the same. The solution involves: manually git
> update the submodule, and copy the jquery.ime folder to the silpa
> module installed in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/. A shellscript,
> with explanations in comments tested on my system is given in [2].
>
> Since the problem is not directly related to silpa, I leave it to the
> maintainers whether to open an issue for this or not.

Well we never run libindic in that fashion. I've written setup.py,
just in case for packaging the module rather than the webapp itself.
Our production servers directly run from the source without doing
setup.py install.

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info