[indic] Fwd: Re: Displaying indic vowel sign independant of a consonant

Hariram hariraama at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 23:22:48 PDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hariram <hariraama at gmail.com>
Date: Jul 14, 2008 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [indic] Re: Displaying indic vowel sign independant of a
consonant
To: Santhosh Pillai <sanpil at microsoft.com>

For extending a Vowel Sign(sound) in Indic the Avagraha U093D (or 0B3D or
xx3D) is used since centuries.
Sometimes two or three Avagraha seen used in Sanskrit & Vedic Texts. Vowel
sounds also found 3 types Hrsva (ह्रस्व), Deergh(दीर्घ) and Pluta(प्लुत).

In English to write "Ahhhh…", "Wooo Hooo", "Eeee" Vowels repeated, because
there is no Avagraha like facility/system. This type repeating vowels will
confuse, can't give perfect sounds. वूऽऽऽ is never equal to वूऊऊऊ.

Indic Scripts are much more advanced and scientific than English/Latin.

-- Hariram