[indic] Re: Displaying indic vowel sign independant of a consonant

Santhosh Pillai sanpil at microsoft.com
Sun Jul 13 11:25:54 PDT 2008

This works if we only want to eliminate the preceding circle in one of vowel-sign/anusvaram/visargam.
How do we get to write if two of these are adjacent to one another?
Example: If we want the anusvaram is preceded immediately by the vowel sign, the ZWJ + ാ + ZWJ + ം does not seem to work.
Example:
[cid:image001.png at 01C8E4D9.46F84110]

Also, it is common in English to write “Ahhhh…”, “Wooo Hooo”, “Eeee” to express certain emotions. The way most of the similar expressions are done in Malayalam is to extend the vowel sound at the end of a word, or extending the vowel at the end of a single stand-alone word.

For example,

ഹാാാാാ... (laughter/showing pain)
േേേേഠ... (sound of a gun)

Thanks