[smc-discuss] Re: Install Malayalam Fonts in Openoffice 2.4

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh00 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 23:56:56 PDT 2008

Quoting Jayaram R <rjayaraam at gmail.com>:

> Dear Sri. Manilal,

> As  I did not see any help in using key combinations for complex characters
> like 'pra', 'sree', 'stree', etc., I could write these only  as new lipi
> forms in openoffice2.4. But here in ithis page, some are seen to work
> properly. eg.  'പ്ര', 'ശ്രീ', 'സ്ട്രീ' .   I do not find the proper
> combination keys in swanalekha  for such complex Malayalam characters   in
> openoffice.  Is there any help file or manual  for this?
The key combinations are available here
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/SMC/Swanalekha Refer the examples given there.
പ്ര  = pra
ശ്രീ = Sree | Srii
സ്ത്രീ = sthree | Srii

> Will you kindly indicate the blog to share my ideas (in case if any arises)
> ?

Manilal was asking to share your experience thorugh your blog, if you
have one already. That is just suggestion , just to help others..

> Sorry for troubling you  again.
You can always post for solving any troubles.

Thanks
Santhosh Thottingal