[smc-discuss] How do browsers show fonts?

Srihari k harisulthan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 09:02:02 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Santhosh Thottingal
<santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:10 AM, sonu jacob <sonujcb at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>>                 2. Try another unicode font (anjali old lipi - used in
>> wikipedia, )
>

> For your information, AnjaliOldLipi is not the font used in Malayalam
> wikipedia. Malayalam wikipedia does not use any font as such but the
> readers use font.  It just provide the unicode data. A user can use
> *any* unicode font for reading it.
> Thanks
> Santhosh

@Santhosh

Could you please explain a bit more about how a browser shows
malayalam characters ?

When i have more than one malayalam font installed which font will be
shown on firefox for malayalam?

Is it possible to use different fonts(or font sizes) for different
languages to be shown in a browser?

I faced these questions when because of following problem:
I installed malayalam font meera in firefox . Malayalam started to
appear in firefox. But malayalam letters are too small.So i have to
zoom the page for reading them.But by zooming english text becomes
larger..So is there a way to change displayed font sizes in for
malayalam alone in firefox?

Or should i learn more about fonts?

Thanks
--