[smc-discuss] Fwd: Announcing Google Code-in

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:24:26 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carol Smith <carols at google.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Subject: Announcing Google Code-in
To: Google Summer of Code Announce <
google-summer-of-code-announce at googlegroups.com>

Hi everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that we are planning to run the Google Code-in
contest starting this November. This is a contest modelled on the success of
our pilot program the Google Highly Open Participation Contest that was run
in 2007-08. We will again be giving 13-18 year old students around the world
an opportunity to get involved with open source projects doing tasks ranging
from documentation to outreach to coding programs.

We’re looking forward to a fun contest this year and hope you’ll consider
participating yourself if you are eligible or spread the word to friends,
family, and colleagues about the program. Please check out the timeline [0]
for more details on the program.

We encourage you to join the Google Code-in contest discussion list [1] and
announcement list [2].

Please see our blog post [3] for further details and contact me directly if
you have specific questions that aren’t answered in the FAQs [4].

[0] - http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11/faqs.html#tlq1
[1] - http://groups.google.com/group/gci-discuss
[2] - http://groups.google.com/group/gci-announce
[3] -
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2010/10/google-code-in-schools-out-codes-in.html
[4] - http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11/faqs.html

Cheers,
The Google OSPO Team

"[It is not] possible to distinguish between 'numerical' and 'nonnumerical'
algorithms, as if numbers were somehow different from other kinds of precise
information." - Donald Knuth