[smc-discuss] [task #10899] Localize Diaspora to Malayalam

Anish A aneesh.nl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 12:53:36 PST 2011

> Yes srihari. As I have doubted, it is not working with latest diaspora. I
> have currently no idea how to handle revisions of translations. Anyway, I
> have asked one of its developers for help. Do you have any idea how to
> manage that?

The conversation with me and Daniel Grippi, one of the core developers.

My Mail

*Hai,
We, the swathantra malayalam computing team is localizing diaspora to
malayalam, a language in india.

The savanah page is here savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10899 .

We have an issue. We have translated almost all strings.

But diaspora has changed a lot till that.

How to update that so that we have to do only remaining strings.

Note: We didn't updated it to diaspora git till now. *

His reply

*ok, first off - you guys are freaking awesome for doing this translation :)

what happens when you rebase diaspora's master branch @HEAD on your branch?
that should solve a bunch of problems. it'll apply all of your changes on
top of the latest ref, then you can see what's missing by launching the app
& clicking around. *

I have only minimal knowledge on git. Can anyone guide me regarding this?

Commands to use etc.. ?
--
Regards,
Anish A

http://identi.ca/aneeshnl

*സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യം തന്നെയമൃതം സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യം തന്നെ ജീവിതം
പാരതന്ത്ര്യം മാനികള്‍ക്ക് മൃതിയെക്കാള്‍ ഭയാനകം
*- മഹാകവി കുമാരനാശാന്‍