[smc-discuss] Automated Rendering Testing - Status update

Nandaja Varma nandaja.varma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 03:01:39 PDT 2013

Hello,

Here is the present status of the project.

* The testing framework now can evaluate words with multiple correct
renderings, provided the correct renderings are provided in the reference
file separated by semi colon.

* Reference glyph for both Rachana and Meera has been updated as per the
latest updates (changes in glyph names) in the upstream.

* Reference for Devanagari font is being added to the repo.

Present status of the framework is:

* rendering_test.py can accept  up to 7 inputs, which being the test cases
file, reference file, rendered output file, font file, output file, error
file and a directory name.
* Of this everything but reference file and rendering output are optional.
* Output will be produced as per the parameters passed.
* pep-8 errors reported before has been cleared.

By the end of this week, I am planning to finish:

* Complete Devanagari references
* The immediate next priority being C++ implementation of the code, I will
be working on that.
* Proof read Suruma and Lohith-Malayalam test cases

Once this is all done, I will work on the web interface.

--
Regards,
Nandaja Varma