[smc-discuss] Automated Rendering Testing - Status update

Rajeesh K Nambiar rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 05:18:37 PDT 2013

In general:
Test cases for Meera and Rachana are reviewed and completed. The main
rendering testing program (rendering_test.py) is also in a good shape
where other interested people can start using it. We can help with
some tips on how to integrate rendering testing for your language,
send us a note or ping on #smc-project [Vasudev, I'm looking at you
:-) ]

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Nandaja Varma <nandaja.varma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is the present status of the project.
>
> * The testing framework now can evaluate words with multiple correct
> renderings, provided the correct renderings are provided in the reference
> file separated by semi colon.
>
> * Reference glyph for both Rachana and Meera has been updated as per the
> latest updates (changes in glyph names) in the upstream.
>
> * Reference for Devanagari font is being added to the repo.
>
> Present status of the framework is:
>
> * rendering_test.py can accept  up to 7 inputs, which being the test cases
> file, reference file, rendered output file, font file, output file, error
> file and a directory name.
> * Of this everything but reference file and rendering output are optional.
> * Output will be produced as per the parameters passed.
> * pep-8 errors reported before has been cleared.
>
> By the end of this week, I am planning to finish:
>
> * Complete Devanagari references
> * The immediate next priority being C++ implementation of the code, I will
> be working on that.
> * Proof read Suruma and Lohith-Malayalam test cases
>
> Once this is all done, I will work on the web interface.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Nandaja Varma
> http://nandajavarma.wordpress.com