[smc-discuss] Diaspora/privacy campaign planning

Pirate Praveen pravi.a at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 02:10:35 PDT 2014

We had good meeting in Ernakulam and Trivandrum. Last sunday me,
Hiran, Akhil, Sreenadh, Zadeeq and Abrooz were present for the
meeting.

We decided to do crowd funding to reach out to 50 campuses and 50
organizations. We will need 2 teams, first for intriducing privacy and
tools like diaspora, telegram, kontalk, jabber and second for
providing technical support to organizations willing to setup their
own pods. First team can be formed by reaching out to local free
software communities. Then we'll look to creating technical teams when
we go to technical students.

At Thiruvananthapuram, we stayed on after the free mobile platforms
workshop on both days.

We started creating a pamphlet and also decided to engage more people
in diaspora. Hopping all of you would join us for the next few weeks
to be active in diaspora. Once discussions become heated it will
sustain.

A continuation of this plans we are meeting at marine drive tomorrow
evening at 6.30. We will work on pamphlet and website. Abid has
volunteered to design our site.

Some one please create an event on meetup.com (on mobile now) and post
link here.