[Student-projects] SILPA module porting to Android SDK - GSoC

Rohit Thankachan rohitvarkey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:26:51 PST 2014

Hello,

My name is Rohit Varkey Thankachan. I am a 2nd year Computer Science
Student at NITK, Surathkal. I came across the project regarding porting of
SILPA modules to Java to make an Android SDK and I would like to help in
implementing it. I went through the modules suggested and I have managed to
port some of the code from the Payyans module( namely, the LoadRules
function which reads from the mapping file and creates a dictionary to map
ASCII with Unicode). I would like to implement this as a part of GSoC.
I've uploaded the code here :
https://github.com/rohitvarkey/Payyans-port/blob/master/src/Payyans.java.
Please do have a look and tell me where I need to make changes!

Regards,

Rohit Varkey Thankachan.

PS: Really enjoyed reading the comments while trying to understand the
code. Wonderful stuff!