[Student-projects] GSoc 2014

Sreejith C sreejithc321 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 10:58:15 PDT 2014

Hi, myself Sreejith, Final year M tech Computer Science ( Computational
Linguistics )  student from GEC Palakkad. I am new to GSoC project, I would
like to work on the project " Effective information retrieval system
for Indian languages".  The aim is to
automatically extract entities such as Names, Location ,Organization,
Dates , Relationships etc from unstructured texts in Indian Languages
(Mainly in Malayalam) automatically as keywords.  Since India is a
multilingual country with 22 official languages this work will be relevant
to develop an open
source search engine with automatic index terms generation
capabilities  for cross lingual and multi-lingual information
retrieval and extraction, developing question answering systems etc.
Can I please know more details about how to get started and  I would like
to get  valid suggestions regarding the project submission.

Thanks and Regards

Sreejith