[Student-projects] GSOC '14 - Language Filter For Diaspora

abhineet agarwal agarwal.abhi93 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 02:07:53 PDT 2014

Hi Praveen,

The option for manual translations, and an interface to manually translate
the posts would be trivial to implement.
Use "globalize" gem to have separate translation tables for user generated
content along with the regular UI constants and UI Messages. And, push the
untranslated user-generated content into a separate to-be-translated
stream, and the translations are requested from the volunteer users. I can
include a more detailed technical overview of the feature, and some UI
mockups in my application.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Pirate Praveen <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hello SMC,
> >
> > I have submitted my proposal for 'Language filter for diaspora'.
> >
> > Following is the link to my project's wiki page:
> >
> http://wiki.smc.org.in/Project_Proposal_:Language_Filter_for_diaspora_by_Abhineet_Agarwal
> >
> > Please review my approach and any sort of feedback would be of great
> help.
>
> Looks good. Please submit it in melange.
>
> Also having an option for manual translations would be good too
> (especially since there is a limitation in automatic translation and
> also many Indian languages are missing from automatic translations).
> Users should be able to request translation of a post and others
> should be able to translate the posts. It would be good to have a
> "Requested translations stream" for each user and each language (for
> those who volunteer to translate).
>
> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
> rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
> they follow the rules: laws and constitution.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhineet Agarwal,
IIIT Hyderabad.