[Student-projects] Language model and Acoustic Model for Malayalam [GSoC 2016 idea]

Sreenadh T.C kesav.tc8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:58:02 PDT 2016

Hi,
I am Sreenadh T C, currently doing my Final year(S8) in B.Tech Information
Technology at College of Engineering Trikaripur.

The amount of projects during my course has helped me build myself as a
better programmer. I have always stayed curious about new ways of solving
issues and always enjoy while doing so.

I came to know about SMC during my Second year, and since then, I have been
following the projects and contributions. I loved the idea of developing
support for my mother tongue (Malayalam) in the current computing world.
This and the inspirations from many in the community made me look into one
of the ideas listed in the GSoC 2016, " *Language model and Acoustic model
for Malayalam language for speech recognition system in CMU Sphinx " *to
which am more than happy to contribute.

I have already completed the very same project for my S8 Major Project in
which I was successful in creating Language Model as well as Acoustic model
for approximately 100 words. ( Only due to project completion limits ). So
am confident that this idea can be taken forward by me and complete a full
fledged LM and AM for Malayalam.

I noticed that the mentor for GSoC have not yet been confirmed for this
idea, and am eager to know who that would be.

Thank You
--

T C*

* <https://in.linkedin.com/in/sreenadhtc>*